
"What's your theoretical spirit animal?"
This question kind of makes me want to hide my head in a hole...like an ostrich. But that's not my spirit animal.
Deep down in the depths of my deep end, I feel my spirit animal is a little monkey, like the cute ones in the circus or that used to perform on the street with the men with the music boxes. Also, I think I perform best when I don't have to speak...& monkeys can't talk so...Pretty sure that's me: wide-eyed and bumbling around trying to entertain anyone watching. I'm either that...or a unicorn.
Alright...I know that wasn't the "correct" answer, but I'm going to be painfully honest. When I read things for classes, papers, etc. I tend to not pay attention to names. I read and take what I need/want & move on. Ignorant ass-hat table for one, please. And I'm not going to read through my bibliography or the other books I have lying around to put up the front of a good student on this blog. If it didn't stick with me, I need to make myself read it again anyway. I will go back and read everything I rush-read through for my paper, but I can't say I would pick up Foucault by my own free will at this point.
As one side of my mind scolds me for being a complete and total moron, the other side is trying to justify my ignorance and here is what it came up with...zilch. It all just comes down to performance for me. My biggest influences in anything I do are performers: Judy Garland, Lucille Ball, Fran Drescher, Carol Burnett, to name a few, and I learn by watching. Yes, I read books on my own, but only after I've been captivated by something from the performance aspect. I know, I will read more on the internet & media and I will be a better person for it...but one of my focuses is women in comedy and I believe you learn that best by watching the greats, taking note.
Please don't fail me.
No comments:
Post a Comment