Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blogging in class...

At this very moment, we are sitting in our cozy little circle for the last time talking about the Princess Grace Grant application requirements, & I'm realizing just how stuck I am. I have a rough rough draft written for Princess Grace, but it's not the number one choice of what I want to do for my thesis project. It's a supernatural drama involving time travel and spirits taking over people's lives...& it would involve filming with 10 year olds for a couple of days...oh boy. It would be cool though, and it would be written so that it could be viewed as one short film or as a web series with 5 five minute episodes. But my number one choice is an incomplete idea I have of a short film freakin musical. Yes, a musical...with music and dancing and stuff. I have great visuals in my head and the basic idea, just not the actual story. I'm a little bass ackwards, I suppose, but I really want to do this project. I honestly don't know if I can pull it off, but that is what makes me want to do it...because if it turns out well, it would kick the biggest ass of all asses. Quote me. It would challenge me in a way I've never been challenged before. It would possibly bring together the school of music, media arts dept, and theater and dance dept. It would only be doable though, if I actually had the money from Princess Grace...hence why I have two plans. Either way, this musical is being made at some point in my life. Now, if you, reader, have an idea of who or what is the enemy of pop music, or music in general, please tell me. I need an antagonist. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment